- 1.34 Ct Oval White Topaz bluee Tanzanite 10K White gold Earrings
- Amber Hagen Women's Peace Hand Sweater with Hood
- Berghaus womens EMBER down jacket 420644 coat
- Burgundy Long Prom Gown and Evening Dresses for Women OffTheShoulder Bridesmaid Dresses
- TC Soft 100% Pure Cotton Breathable Womens Swim Beach Sarong Pareo Wrap Skirt Swim Coverup
- Tootca Womens Single Button SlimFit Cocktail Blazer 2Piece Suits Set
- Watermelon Dressytailor Hater Aline Long Sequined Evening Party Gown Beaded Formal Prom Dress with Pockets
- Wrangler URJ Shiloh Tucson Jean Denim
- Ckouccoo Apricot White Dress Female 2019 New LongSleeved Cotton Lapel Waist Long Shirt Skirt Elegant Classic
- DINGZAN Vintage Mother The Bride Prom Dress Lace Jacket
- EYES Women's Retro Polarized Sunglasses Cat Eyes Acetate Fibre Frame Wood Leg TAC Lens UV Predection Driving Fishing Beach Outdoor Sunglasses Outdoor (color Brown)
- Girls Purse Women's Wallet Leather Lady Wallet Large Lady Purse Wallet 20 10 3cm (color D)
- I'll NEVER BE HER hot Fashion Ladies hit Stripes VNeck Exposed Umbilical Shirt WideLeg Pants
- Joseph Ribkoff Lipstick Red Black Multi Dress Style 191765
- L'Diva Couture Boutique White Sexy Crop Top
- Maricopyjam Women's Plunning VNeck Sheer High Split Beach Evening Dress Long Tulle Skirt with Hollow Back
- New Black Light bluee Raan Pah Muang RaanPahMuang Baggy Straight Leg Carnival Dashiki Print Unisex Pants Africa Print
- Patra Women's Sequined Floral Lace Ball Gown Dress
- Rebecca Minkoff Women's Sleeveless Eyelet Brighton Romper Sz 12 Chalk
Washington (CNN) — Nargis bluee Huxlay Bros HB Farasha Ladies Modest Swimwear One Piece Modest Swimsuit Surfing Suitaccording to the North American Aerospace Defense Command, which released images of the encounter.
Two US F-22 stealth jets and two Canadian CF-18 fighters intercepted the nuclear-capable Russian Tu-95 Bear bombers after they entered Alaskan and Canadian Air Defense Identification Zones, which extend approximately 200 miles off Alaska’s western coast, NORAD said in a statement.
The Russian aircraft remained in international airspace and never entered US or Canadian sovereign territory, the statement added.
This latest intercept comes at a complicated time in US-Russian relations.
On one hand, President Donald Trump has made it clear that he wants to improve relations with Moscow, but at the same time, the two countries have clashed over a wide range of geopolitical issues, including Russia’s annexation of Crimea, election interference and the attempted poisoning of an alleged Russian spy in Britain.
It is also just the latest in a string of encounters between US and Russian military assets this year.NASA Worm Meatball Logo Embroidered PRO Style Space Baseball Cap NavyNashion Womens Casual Dresses T Shirt Long Sleeve Dress for Women Swing A line Short Fall Tunic Wine Red,XL
Russian bomber flights like the one that took place on Thursday are viewed by US military officials as part of Moscow’s effort to train its military for a potential crisis while simultaneously sending a message of strength to adversaries.
US officials say Russian bombers and jets have flown in the area several times a year for the last few years and have similarly been intercepted by US or Canadian jets operating as part of NORAD.
“NORAD’s top priority is defending Canada and the United States. NORAD operators identified and intercepted the Russian aircraft flying near our nations,” said Gen. Terrence J. O’Shaughnessy, the NORAD commander. “Whether responding to violators of restricted airspace domestically or identifying and intercepting foreign military aircraft, NORAD is on alert 24 hours a day, seven days a week, 365 days a year.”
Thursday’s incident comes after NORAD identified two Russian maritime reconnaissance anti-submarine warfare aircraft entering the same zone last week.Nat Terry Maternity Pregnant Dresses, Pregnant Casual Knitted Basic Shirt Twinset ClothesNat Terry Women Dresses, Sexy Vintage VNeck Floral Print Long Sleeve Bow Dress
“The Russian aircraft remained in international airspace west of mainland Alaska and at no time did the aircraft enter sovereign United States airspace,” NORAD said in a statement about that incident.
The most recent intercept involving Russian aircraft off the coast of Alaska took place in May when two US F-22s intercepted four Russian bombers and two Su-35 fighter jets that flew into the Air Defense Identification Zone.
In January, a US E-3 aircraft, two F-22 fighter jets and two Canadian CF-18 fighter jets similarly “positively identified” two Russian Tu-160 Blackjack strategic bombers entering the Canadian Air Defense Identification Zone.
The US also conducts similar flights in international airspace near the Russian coast though at times, has accused Russian pilots of performing unsafe or unprofessional maneuvers during the encounters.
In June, a Russian jet intercepted a US aircraft flying Nat terry Women Plus Size Korea Fashion Female Outwear Thick Warm Parka Oversize Fur Duck Down Winter CoatNatalie Dancewear Adult Elastic Waist Character Skirt in Multiple Lengths,N8108in international airspace over the Mediterranean Sea three times in just under three hours, according to the US 6th Fleet.
The second of the three interactions “was determined to be unsafe” due to the Russian aircraft “conducting a high speed pass directly in front of the mission aircraft, which put our pilots and crew at risk,” the 6th fleet said in a statement at the time.
The Russian aircraft was armed and passed about 150 feet directly in front of the US plane, according to two US officials.
The Russian military disputed the US Navy’s characterization of the intercept as unsafe.