- 110 Pieces Fashion Jewelry Keyring Keychain Door Car Key Tag Ring Chain Supplier Supply Wholesale Bulk Lots C4IL1 Cowboy Cap Hat
- ANGGREK Palazzo Pants for Women Casual Long High Waist Wide Leg Trousers
- BH B.I.L.Y USA Women's Long Sleeve Open Front Pleated Cardigan with Pockets White Medium
- C&E CeCe Womens OffTheShoulder Floral Print Maxi Dress
- The Cat's Pajamas Womens Sushi Flannel Pajama Set
- Tribal Womens Long Sleeve Embroidery Denim Shirt Shirt
- Weiwei Ladies Silk Shawl Silk Scarf Send Friends and Family Lightweight and Breathable 180CM65CM
- XIURONG Short Sleeved Cotton Dress Female Loose Dress
- Christian Latour 5511 30 orange and White Authentic Women Vintage Sunglasses
- DIDIDD Modern Wedding Dress Bride Wedding Dress Shoulder Thin Dress Dress Lace Wedding Dress
- Epink TTYbridal Elegant Floral Prom Homecoming Dress 2019 Aline Evening Party Dresses P20
- Gildan Womens 6.1 oz. Ultra Cotton TShirt (G200L) PURPLE 2XL12PK
- Ideology Womens Fitness Workout Athletic Pants
- JYDress Women's Elegant Office Lady Dress Suit Notch Lapel Jacket Set
- Light Yellow Wanshaqin Women's Aline Floral Beaded Prom Formal Dress Evening Cocktail Dress Bridesmaid Gown for Wedding Party
- Merci Women's GN106PGREEN Green Cotton Skirt
- Multi colorfulspace Sexy V Neck Ruffle Women Dress Elegant Short Sleeve Mesh Lining Summer Party Dress Casual Short Vestidos
- PD Peppered Denim Women's HighRise Stretch Distressed SkinnyFit Jeans
- Red Diamond Candy Hooded Waterproof Jacket Softshell Women Sportswear
Washington (CNN) — bluesh Nude Dress the Population Womens Cecilia Cap Sleeve Lace Plunging Mini Dress Special Occasion Dressaccording to the North American Aerospace Defense Command, which released images of the encounter.
Two US F-22 stealth jets and two Canadian CF-18 fighters intercepted the nuclear-capable Russian Tu-95 Bear bombers after they entered Alaskan and Canadian Air Defense Identification Zones, which extend approximately 200 miles off Alaska’s western coast, NORAD said in a statement.
The Russian aircraft remained in international airspace and never entered US or Canadian sovereign territory, the statement added.
This latest intercept comes at a complicated time in US-Russian relations.
On one hand, President Donald Trump has made it clear that he wants to improve relations with Moscow, but at the same time, the two countries have clashed over a wide range of geopolitical issues, including Russia’s annexation of Crimea, election interference and the attempted poisoning of an alleged Russian spy in Britain.
It is also just the latest in a string of encounters between US and Russian military assets this year.blueshdressy & Premium Weight Hybrid & Company Women Double Notch Lapel Sharp Shoulder Pad Office Blazerblueshing Pink Bess Bridal Women's V Neck Lace Knee Length Prom Party Dresses
Russian bomber flights like the one that took place on Thursday are viewed by US military officials as part of Moscow’s effort to train its military for a potential crisis while simultaneously sending a message of strength to adversaries.
US officials say Russian bombers and jets have flown in the area several times a year for the last few years and have similarly been intercepted by US or Canadian jets operating as part of NORAD.
“NORAD’s top priority is defending Canada and the United States. NORAD operators identified and intercepted the Russian aircraft flying near our nations,” said Gen. Terrence J. O’Shaughnessy, the NORAD commander. “Whether responding to violators of restricted airspace domestically or identifying and intercepting foreign military aircraft, NORAD is on alert 24 hours a day, seven days a week, 365 days a year.”
Thursday’s incident comes after NORAD identified two Russian maritime reconnaissance anti-submarine warfare aircraft entering the same zone last week.BLVD Collection by Forplay Women's Swank Short Sleeve Coldshoulder Cutout Dress, Black SmallBlyent Women Two Button Vintage Lapel Neck Pocket Overcoat Wool Blend Coat Jacket
“The Russian aircraft remained in international airspace west of mainland Alaska and at no time did the aircraft enter sovereign United States airspace,” NORAD said in a statement about that incident.
The most recent intercept involving Russian aircraft off the coast of Alaska took place in May when two US F-22s intercepted four Russian bombers and two Su-35 fighter jets that flew into the Air Defense Identification Zone.
In January, a US E-3 aircraft, two F-22 fighter jets and two Canadian CF-18 fighter jets similarly “positively identified” two Russian Tu-160 Blackjack strategic bombers entering the Canadian Air Defense Identification Zone.
The US also conducts similar flights in international airspace near the Russian coast though at times, has accused Russian pilots of performing unsafe or unprofessional maneuvers during the encounters.
In June, a Russian jet intercepted a US aircraft flying Blyent Womens Lapel Neck Double Breasted Pocket Classic Jacket Coat Midi TrenchcoatsBmarigold WHZZ Womens ALine Homecoming Dresses Mini Short Cocktail Party Dressesin international airspace over the Mediterranean Sea three times in just under three hours, according to the US 6th Fleet.
The second of the three interactions “was determined to be unsafe” due to the Russian aircraft “conducting a high speed pass directly in front of the mission aircraft, which put our pilots and crew at risk,” the 6th fleet said in a statement at the time.
The Russian aircraft was armed and passed about 150 feet directly in front of the US plane, according to two US officials.
The Russian military disputed the US Navy’s characterization of the intercept as unsafe.