- 100 Pieces Keychain Keyring Door Car Key Chain Ring Tag Charms Bulk Supply Jewelry Making Clasp Findings M4PT3U Fleur De Lis Iris Lily
- Angel Bride 2015 Stylish ALine Bateau Floor Length Tulle Prom Dresses Long
- Betsey Johnson Womens Women's Short Sleeve Plaid Dress Casual Dress
- Buttons Light Grey Steve Madden Womens Sweater Fleece Wrap Coat Fleece Jacket
- TeesCloset Super Soft, Stretchy Premium Full Black Yoga Leggings
- Transparent bluee XINGZHE Sunglasses Polarized, Stylish Round Frame, Ladies Driving, Shopping Street Shooting, 4 colors to Choose from Sunglasses (color Transparent Pink)
- Wedding Veil Cream Any Length Crystal Diamante Edge 2 Tier LBV145 LB Veils UK
- Xiao Mi Guo Ji Women's Sunglasses Motion Polarizer Driving Glasses HD Polarized Lenses AntiGlare Fashion Polarized Glasses (color 3)
- Christian Dior DiorStep Sunglasses Havana Spotted w Brown Green Lens 55mm IL5TA
- DID Women's Skinny Jeans Skinny Ankle Mid Rise Jean Original Fit Jeans 220
- Fake TwoPiece Leggings, Autumn and Winter Woolen Plus Velvet Thickening Slim Lace Skirt Sexy Slim Culottes
- GAO Silk scarf Print Embroidered Silk scarf Thin section Sunscreen Wild Fresh silk scarf Shawl (Length 190 80cm, Packing of 1) (color C)
- Hunter Green JACK Womens Petal Down Whimsical WallFlower Printed CDC Dress Dress
- Kaos Women's LPJMR0054002 Red Cotton Pants
- Lemai Tulle Backless Sheer Top Lace Appliques Long Beaded Prom Evening Dresses
- Mauwey Women's 2019 New Fluffy Tulle Ball Gown Quinceanera Dresses Evening Prom Dresses Formal Party Gown with Flowers
- Navy Mercury J Kara Womens Plus Size Three Quarter Sleeve Beaded Dress Special Occasion Dress
- Paloma Picasso 3762 30 Red Authentic Women Vintage Eyeglasses Frame
- Rainbow Sleeveblack PERSUN Women's Casual Striped Long Sleeve Crop Top Jersey Sweatshirt
Washington (CNN) — 100 Pieces Keychain Keyring Door Car Key Chain Ring Tag Charms Bulk Supply Jewelry Making Clasp Findings O7YU7Y Shellaccording to the North American Aerospace Defense Command, which released images of the encounter.
Two US F-22 stealth jets and two Canadian CF-18 fighters intercepted the nuclear-capable Russian Tu-95 Bear bombers after they entered Alaskan and Canadian Air Defense Identification Zones, which extend approximately 200 miles off Alaska’s western coast, NORAD said in a statement.
The Russian aircraft remained in international airspace and never entered US or Canadian sovereign territory, the statement added.
This latest intercept comes at a complicated time in US-Russian relations.
On one hand, President Donald Trump has made it clear that he wants to improve relations with Moscow, but at the same time, the two countries have clashed over a wide range of geopolitical issues, including Russia’s annexation of Crimea, election interference and the attempted poisoning of an alleged Russian spy in Britain.
It is also just the latest in a string of encounters between US and Russian military assets this year.100 Pieces Keychain Keyring Door Car Key Chain Ring Tag Charms Bulk Supply Jewelry Making Clasp Findings P6BL7U Chaps Round Ring100 Pieces Keychain Keyring Door Car Key Chain Ring Tag Charms Bulk Supply Jewelry Making Clasp Findings Q4YA0V pink
Russian bomber flights like the one that took place on Thursday are viewed by US military officials as part of Moscow’s effort to train its military for a potential crisis while simultaneously sending a message of strength to adversaries.
US officials say Russian bombers and jets have flown in the area several times a year for the last few years and have similarly been intercepted by US or Canadian jets operating as part of NORAD.
“NORAD’s top priority is defending Canada and the United States. NORAD operators identified and intercepted the Russian aircraft flying near our nations,” said Gen. Terrence J. O’Shaughnessy, the NORAD commander. “Whether responding to violators of restricted airspace domestically or identifying and intercepting foreign military aircraft, NORAD is on alert 24 hours a day, seven days a week, 365 days a year.”
Thursday’s incident comes after NORAD identified two Russian maritime reconnaissance anti-submarine warfare aircraft entering the same zone last week.100 Pieces Keychain Keyring Door Car Key Chain Ring Tag Charms Bulk Supply Jewelry Making Clasp Findings R3KM4R Santa Claus100 Pieces Keychain Keyring Door Car Key Chain Ring Tag Charms Bulk Supply Jewelry Making Clasp Findings R9EB4S Carnival Masks
“The Russian aircraft remained in international airspace west of mainland Alaska and at no time did the aircraft enter sovereign United States airspace,” NORAD said in a statement about that incident.
The most recent intercept involving Russian aircraft off the coast of Alaska took place in May when two US F-22s intercepted four Russian bombers and two Su-35 fighter jets that flew into the Air Defense Identification Zone.
In January, a US E-3 aircraft, two F-22 fighter jets and two Canadian CF-18 fighter jets similarly “positively identified” two Russian Tu-160 Blackjack strategic bombers entering the Canadian Air Defense Identification Zone.
The US also conducts similar flights in international airspace near the Russian coast though at times, has accused Russian pilots of performing unsafe or unprofessional maneuvers during the encounters.
In June, a Russian jet intercepted a US aircraft flying 100 Pieces Keychain Keyring Door Car Key Chain Ring Tag Charms Bulk Supply Jewelry Making Clasp Findings S5SQ1Q Charming Kitty100 Pieces Keychain Keyring Door Car Key Chain Ring Tag Charms Bulk Supply Jewelry Making Clasp Findings T1JY3P Ballet Dancerin international airspace over the Mediterranean Sea three times in just under three hours, according to the US 6th Fleet.
The second of the three interactions “was determined to be unsafe” due to the Russian aircraft “conducting a high speed pass directly in front of the mission aircraft, which put our pilots and crew at risk,” the 6th fleet said in a statement at the time.
The Russian aircraft was armed and passed about 150 feet directly in front of the US plane, according to two US officials.
The Russian military disputed the US Navy’s characterization of the intercept as unsafe.