- 12.38 Ct Oval Forest Green Mystic Topaz 925 Silver Bracelet
- Angie Women's Plus Size Peasant Blouse (Brown Cream, 3X)
- Biba Women's Coral Viscose Palazzo
- C Meo Collective Womens Questions Cold Shoulder Fit and Flare Mini Dress Dress
- CANALSIDE Bodycon Sweater Dresses for Women Fitted Long Sleeve Scoop Neck Knit Wear
- Darcy74Dulles Women's AnkleLength Mother of The Bride Plus Size Formal Lace Dress with Jacket
- Enjoypeak Summer Long Dress Suit Woman TwoPiece Suit New Sequin TShirt + Star Sky Screen Long Skirt Girls
- gold and Watches Sterling Silver bluee & Light Green CZ Ring
- Xswsy XGCA Women's Casual Loose Faux Fur Collar Thick Warm Fleece Denim Jacket Coat
- Inc International Concepts White 2Button Trapeze Jacket S
- Kerrits Ladies L S Sport Shirt
- Liebeskind Berlin Gigi Beige Metallic Pebbled Leather Long Zip Around Wallet
- Mediterranean Mega Wallet [Set of 2]
- Nicelly Women's color Splice Thicken Hooded Outwear Warm Workout Down Coat
- Patagonia Women's Torrentshell Jacket Pesto Green
- QTKJ bluee Evil Eye Hamsa Hand Keychain Crystal Keychain Charm Purse Pendant Handbag Bag Decoration Holiday Gift (Silver)
- Scarlett Women's Long Satin Bridesmaid Formal Evening Dress
- Splendid Women's Key Largo Debossed Chevron Tote
- TYZP Women's Sports Trousers Plus Velvet Warm Yoga Fitness Running Training Elastic TightFitting QuickDrying Trousers (color Navy, Size L)
- WHZZ Spaghetti Straps Short Homecoming Dresses Pockets Party Dresses Women
- Womens Sequin Mermaid Prom Dresses Slit Side Long Cap Sleeve Evening Gowns
Washington (CNN) — AlvaQ Women's Peplum Waist Tie Neck Long Sleeve Bodycon Midi Dress (S2XL)according to the North American Aerospace Defense Command, which released images of the encounter.
Two US F-22 stealth jets and two Canadian CF-18 fighters intercepted the nuclear-capable Russian Tu-95 Bear bombers after they entered Alaskan and Canadian Air Defense Identification Zones, which extend approximately 200 miles off Alaska’s western coast, NORAD said in a statement.
The Russian aircraft remained in international airspace and never entered US or Canadian sovereign territory, the statement added.
This latest intercept comes at a complicated time in US-Russian relations.
On one hand, President Donald Trump has made it clear that he wants to improve relations with Moscow, but at the same time, the two countries have clashed over a wide range of geopolitical issues, including Russia’s annexation of Crimea, election interference and the attempted poisoning of an alleged Russian spy in Britain.
It is also just the latest in a string of encounters between US and Russian military assets this year.Alviero Martini 1A Classe Women's H22793200960 Beige Other Materials HatAlviero Martini cigarettes holder floral grey
Russian bomber flights like the one that took place on Thursday are viewed by US military officials as part of Moscow’s effort to train its military for a potential crisis while simultaneously sending a message of strength to adversaries.
US officials say Russian bombers and jets have flown in the area several times a year for the last few years and have similarly been intercepted by US or Canadian jets operating as part of NORAD.
“NORAD’s top priority is defending Canada and the United States. NORAD operators identified and intercepted the Russian aircraft flying near our nations,” said Gen. Terrence J. O’Shaughnessy, the NORAD commander. “Whether responding to violators of restricted airspace domestically or identifying and intercepting foreign military aircraft, NORAD is on alert 24 hours a day, seven days a week, 365 days a year.”
Thursday’s incident comes after NORAD identified two Russian maritime reconnaissance anti-submarine warfare aircraft entering the same zone last week.Alvndarling Retro Women's Sunglasses Large Frame Lens UV Predection Shade Driving SunglassesAlways Eleven SatinLined Newsboy Hat with Adjustable Side Buckles, Classic Fashionable Style
“The Russian aircraft remained in international airspace west of mainland Alaska and at no time did the aircraft enter sovereign United States airspace,” NORAD said in a statement about that incident.
The most recent intercept involving Russian aircraft off the coast of Alaska took place in May when two US F-22s intercepted four Russian bombers and two Su-35 fighter jets that flew into the Air Defense Identification Zone.
In January, a US E-3 aircraft, two F-22 fighter jets and two Canadian CF-18 fighter jets similarly “positively identified” two Russian Tu-160 Blackjack strategic bombers entering the Canadian Air Defense Identification Zone.
The US also conducts similar flights in international airspace near the Russian coast though at times, has accused Russian pilots of performing unsafe or unprofessional maneuvers during the encounters.
In June, a Russian jet intercepted a US aircraft flying Always on Vacay Bundle Black & White Funky Junque Women's Bold Cursive Embroidered Adjustable Beach Floppy Sun HatALWAYSUV Oval TR90 Frame Business Clear Lens Glasses Prescription Glasses Framein international airspace over the Mediterranean Sea three times in just under three hours, according to the US 6th Fleet.
The second of the three interactions “was determined to be unsafe” due to the Russian aircraft “conducting a high speed pass directly in front of the mission aircraft, which put our pilots and crew at risk,” the 6th fleet said in a statement at the time.
The Russian aircraft was armed and passed about 150 feet directly in front of the US plane, according to two US officials.
The Russian military disputed the US Navy’s characterization of the intercept as unsafe.