- 180 Pieces Fashion Jewelry Keyring Keychain Door Car Key Tag Ring Chain Supplier Supply Wholesale Bulk Lots Q3RE7 Smiley Face Bottle Cap
- Anne Cole Womens Long Sleeve Cover Up Romper Dress Swimwear CoverUp
- BILLABONG Womens Shore Waves Sweatshirt Sweatshirt
- Black ProBikeUS Women Spring Slim Round Neck Short Sleeves Lace Dress (color Black, Size XXL)
- CCF Scarf Shawl Woman Student Lattice Keep Warm Large Size Both Uses 200cm×70cm V (color Pink)
- Deep bluee Sylviaan Women's High Rise Skinny Fit Jean Stretch Jeans
- Everbellus Womens Mesh Faux Leather Leggings Sexy Skinny Pants
- Graphite Rekucci Women's Ease in to Comfort Modern Stretch Skinny Pant w Tummy Control
- YHFDRESS Mermaid Lace Applique Mermaid Bridesmaid Dresses with Belt Strap Prom Gowns Sweetheart Neck Long Formal Gowns
- Hjtrust Hjtruse Women's Bridesmaid Dresses Long 2018 Satin Formal Dresses Evening Dress H076
- Julian Taylor Womens Ruffled Top Sleeveless Maxi Dress Dress
- LIKELY Womens Leila Dress Dress
- Mala Leather Women'S Leather Grab Bag
- Nautica Womens Short Sleeve Stretch Stripe Polo Shirt Polo Shirt
- orange QuickDrying Beach Cloak Bathrobe Warm Wind Can Dive Locker Locker Towelling for The Beach Pool Lake Water Park (color orange, Size One Size)
- Ralph Lauren Womens Ribbed Knit Sweater Red L
- SheIn Women's Loose Ruffle Hem Peplum Short Sleeve Blouse Top
- Sunglasses, Retro Polarized Sunglasses For Women UV Predection Big Box Sunglasses For Women
- TSLA TMFSZ02BLK_Small Women's UPF 50+ Hoodie Zip Front Long Sleeve Top Rashguard Swimsuit
- White Hudson Jeans Womens Standard Tally Midrise Skinny Crop 5 Pocket Jean
- Women's Wallet Women's Long Wallet Clutch with Credit Card Holder Mobile Wallet Storage Bag Zipper Wallet Handbag Lady Gift Folding Portable Wallet (color Black)
Washington (CNN) — Sea Grass Ellen Tracy Womens Soft Cropped Trench Jacketaccording to the North American Aerospace Defense Command, which released images of the encounter.
Two US F-22 stealth jets and two Canadian CF-18 fighters intercepted the nuclear-capable Russian Tu-95 Bear bombers after they entered Alaskan and Canadian Air Defense Identification Zones, which extend approximately 200 miles off Alaska’s western coast, NORAD said in a statement.
The Russian aircraft remained in international airspace and never entered US or Canadian sovereign territory, the statement added.
This latest intercept comes at a complicated time in US-Russian relations.
On one hand, President Donald Trump has made it clear that he wants to improve relations with Moscow, but at the same time, the two countries have clashed over a wide range of geopolitical issues, including Russia’s annexation of Crimea, election interference and the attempted poisoning of an alleged Russian spy in Britain.
It is also just the latest in a string of encounters between US and Russian military assets this year.Sea Green SABHYATA Women's Kurta 100% Pure Cotton Kurti Women Tunic Casual Long Multicoloured DressSea Salt Columbia Women's PlusSize Fast Trek II FullZip Fleece Jacket
Russian bomber flights like the one that took place on Thursday are viewed by US military officials as part of Moscow’s effort to train its military for a potential crisis while simultaneously sending a message of strength to adversaries.
US officials say Russian bombers and jets have flown in the area several times a year for the last few years and have similarly been intercepted by US or Canadian jets operating as part of NORAD.
“NORAD’s top priority is defending Canada and the United States. NORAD operators identified and intercepted the Russian aircraft flying near our nations,” said Gen. Terrence J. O’Shaughnessy, the NORAD commander. “Whether responding to violators of restricted airspace domestically or identifying and intercepting foreign military aircraft, NORAD is on alert 24 hours a day, seven days a week, 365 days a year.”
Thursday’s incident comes after NORAD identified two Russian maritime reconnaissance anti-submarine warfare aircraft entering the same zone last week.Seabean B Swim Palm Cross Top Bikini Top SwimsuitSeafoam bluee Doballa Women's Floral Embroidery Mexican Tunic Top Bohemian Flowy Shift Mini Blouse Dress
“The Russian aircraft remained in international airspace west of mainland Alaska and at no time did the aircraft enter sovereign United States airspace,” NORAD said in a statement about that incident.
The most recent intercept involving Russian aircraft off the coast of Alaska took place in May when two US F-22s intercepted four Russian bombers and two Su-35 fighter jets that flew into the Air Defense Identification Zone.
In January, a US E-3 aircraft, two F-22 fighter jets and two Canadian CF-18 fighter jets similarly “positively identified” two Russian Tu-160 Blackjack strategic bombers entering the Canadian Air Defense Identification Zone.
The US also conducts similar flights in international airspace near the Russian coast though at times, has accused Russian pilots of performing unsafe or unprofessional maneuvers during the encounters.
In June, a Russian jet intercepted a US aircraft flying Seafoam Plain Saree Blouse Light Weight Party Wear Sari 7496Seafolly Womens Active C D Cup Multi Rouleau Singlet Swimsuit Top Tankini Topin international airspace over the Mediterranean Sea three times in just under three hours, according to the US 6th Fleet.
The second of the three interactions “was determined to be unsafe” due to the Russian aircraft “conducting a high speed pass directly in front of the mission aircraft, which put our pilots and crew at risk,” the 6th fleet said in a statement at the time.
The Russian aircraft was armed and passed about 150 feet directly in front of the US plane, according to two US officials.
The Russian military disputed the US Navy’s characterization of the intercept as unsafe.